Thursday, 10 June 2010

Old panda photos

Does anyone have any photographs of Richard Nixon’s pandas Hsing-Hsing and Ling-Ling, residents at the National Zoo (Washington D.C.) from 1972 to the 1990s?

I have a chapter on them in my book (which I have now finished bar finalising the illustrations, sorting out references and putting together an index) and I would really like a photograph of these very famous pandas, especially one taken by a member of the public.

Whilst I am asking, I would also be interested to hear from anyone with photographs of Chi-Chi, London Zoo inmate from 1958 to 1972.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henry,

    Good to hear you've about completed your book.

    I'm sorry I don't have any photos of the pandas concerned, but my site (pandanews.org) does have information on over 700 known captive panda, with photos for some. If any one has photos of old pandas I also would be interested.

    Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be too cheeky, I've published a post on my site to see if any one can help.

    ReplyDelete